Here’s Your Wheel Options Toolkit for Success!
Welcome Employee Transportation Coordinator!
Wheel Options is a great opportunity to promote alternative transportation modes to your employees and an effective way to meet your employer commute trip reduction program goals. Read on for exciting details and ideas on how to successfully administer this annual campaign!
Take Your Commute to New Heights!
Our grand prize is truly grand this year, because one eligible participant from the Wheel Options campaign will win a $2500 pre-paid MasterCard Rewards Card to explore our National Parks, or anywhere you want for that matter!
Any employee who records at least six days of eligible Wheel Options commutes in October 2016 will be entered to win a $2500 pre-paid MasterCard Rewards Card or many other great prizes. Wheel Options modes include carpool, vanpool, bus, train, light rail, streetcar, bicycle, walk, working from home or a compressed work schedule (e.g., four, 10-hour shifts in a week).
Two Ways to Enter
1. Employees can record their trips at www.WheelOptions.org starting October 1, 2016. The deadline for recording trips is Mon., Nov. 7, 2016.
2. Alternatively, employees can record trips on paper Wheel Options entry forms. If using the paper calendar form, you must enter data into the online calendar on behalf of your employee(s). We recommend doing this every week or two as you can only retroactively enter trips for 28 days using the online Wheel Options entry tool. The deadline for you to enter data from paper forms is Monday, Nov. 7, 2016.
- A tutorial on how to run a Wheel Options campaign.
- The prize list –
$2500 MasterCard Rewards Card – Grand Prize! $500 MasterCard Rewards Card – Extra Heights Prize! $50 – Home Depot Gift Card $50 – Lowes Gift Card $50 – Home Depot Gift Card $50 – Tango gift cards – there are 6 of these prizes! $50 – gift cards – there are 8 of these prizes!
- Sample communication pieces. Customize these emails to fit your worksite; highlighted portions need customization.
- Paper entry form pdf.
- Instructions and best practices for setting up and managing an employer network on www.WheelOptions.org (same management system as www.RideshareOnline.com).
|ETC Best Practices (pdf files)||Graphics
(jpg & pdf files)
|Smart Rideshare Manual & Quick Instructions|
|Request-Admin-Rights||wo_2016_poster||Table of Contents|
|Organizational Set Up||
|Before You Begin|
|Worksite Setup||landscape banner art||Helping Members Use Your Network|
|Add Users to Network||
|Populating Your Network|
|Communicate||Communicating With Users|
|Complete User’s Calendar Entry||Forms
|Prize Drawings||Paper Calendar Entry Form||Prize Drawings|
|See Who Qualifies||Incentive Programs|
|Brag!!!||Zip Files||Quick Instructions – Basic Training|
|Wheel Options Employee-ETC Toolkit
(pdf 700 kb)
|Best Practices Library
Download (9 pdf files)
|Quick Instructions – Incentive Program Training|
– Next online Basic Training is 10-11:30 Wed., Oct. 12
– Next Incentive training is
11-12:30, Thurs., Oct. 13. You need to have completed Basic Training to attend the Incentive Management Training.
– Basic Training
– Incentive Management
Registration conducted through EventBrite.
Prior to training, trainees should visit www.RideshareOnline.com, and:
– create an account
– create a trip
– record trips for the previous week on the commute calendar
– determine out what incentives are available to them
– find possible rideshare matches for their trip
* Review this toolkit.
* Set up or update your employer network on the Wheel Options administrative site. If you need assistance, please contact your jurisdiction representative.
* Select the activities and messages you will use and tailor them to fit your company.
* Encourage employees to “like” Wheel Options on Facebook, and follow Wheel Options on Twitter, as there will be additional prizes and information over these social networks.
* Ask management for their support and a modest budget to help support your campaign. If your employer can’t provide prizes, just recognizing the efforts of those who participate or those who qualify for the Grand Prize can be gratifying for employees.
Notify Your Employees
* Display Wheel Options posters on message boards, in break rooms and in other common areas.
* Include some or all of the sample messages in company communications. Be sure to tailor all messages to fit your worksite(s).
* Use suggestions found in the “Additional Ideas” section of this toolkit to generate extra interest in your campaign.
Have Your Employees Enter to Win
* Online: Employees must sign up and log eligible commutes at www.WheelOptions.org. The online entry will be available beginning Oct. 1, 2016. The more often they log their trips, the more chances they have to win weekly prizes.
* Paper: Employees must return paper entry forms to you by Nov. 2. You enter their trip data using the proxy entry tool on www.WheelOptions.org by Nov 7. We recommend collecting and entering the paper calendars every week, as you can only retroactively enter commutes going back 28 days.
Follow up with Employees
* Thank employees for participating.
* Communicate your internal results. Let everyone know how many people participated, who won your worksite prizes (if applicable) and how much pollution was prevented during the campaign.
* Optional: Hold your own worksite prize drawing(s).
- Announce the Results of the Statewide Prize Drawing * Winners will be posted at www.WheelOptions.org. * Winners may also be posted on the Wheel Options Facebook page.
Wheel Options Statewide Prize List- Grand Prize A Customized Adventure!
Help celebrate the 100th anniversary of our National Parks system by visiting one or several of them – or use your MasterCard to take the trip you’ve always dreamed of taking! The grand-prize package includes:
* $2500 pre-paid MasterCard.
And for those who are extra-adventurous… Log 12 or more days of alternative mode trips and be entered into a drawing for a:
* $500 pre-paid MasterCard
Add your own custom prizes here!
Gift cards to various local retailers
|Thank you to our Sponsors for their gift card prize donations!|
|Propel Insurance||$50||Home Depot Gift Card|
|Propel Insurance||$50||Lowes Gift Card|
|Providence Urban Campuses||$50||Home Depot Gift Card|
|Symetra Life Insurance Co.||$50 X 8||Variety of $50 gift cards|
|Microsoft||$50 X 6||Tango gift cards|
For the week of Sept. 19
Take your commute to new heights!
The sky’s the limit when you take your commute to new heights! By using Wheel Options for at least six days in October, you could find yourself at the top of a mountain peak, getting a bird’s eye view from a hot-air balloon, or feasting your eyes on the beauty of one of America’s national parks from the top of a rock formation!
The annual Wheel Options campaign starts on Oct. 1, 2016. Commute via bicycle, transit, carpool, vanpool, walking and/or telecommuting at least six days in October, and not only will you save money, cut emissions and reduce congestion, you’ll be entered to win a customizable adventure! Gift cards and many other great prizes will also be awarded! Check out last year’s winners.
Wheel Options encourages employees to reduce their drive-alone trips and explore new ways of getting to work. Log in or register at www.wheeloptions.org to explore all your commute options and possibly find a better way to get to work! With your newfound commute you’ll be all set to participate in the Wheel Options campaign and you could win a custom adventure!
Follow Wheel Options on Facebook and Twitter for more prizes and information.
Your chance to win is coming soon!
For the week of Sept. 26
Ready to soar above the congestion?!
Get in the jet-set lane by riding transit, cycling, walking, carpooling, vanpooling, compressing your schedule or telecommuting your way to your adventure. If you choose an eligible Wheel Options commute at least six days in October, not only will you save money, cut emissions and reduce congestion, you could win the adventure of a lifetime, one of many gift cards or other great prizes!
<Company Name> encourages our employees to discover new and environmentally friendly ways of getting to work. If you’d like help exploring your commute options, contact me – your employee transportation coordinator – at <phone number> or <e-mail address>. I can help you find a transit route, carpool partner or an existing vanpool.
We’d love to see one of our own on their way to a custom vacation!
Instructions for entering the Wheel Options prize drawing will be sent next week. In the meantime, don’t forget to follow Wheel Options on Facebook and Twitter for more information.
Now, imagine that you got there because you bicycled, carpooled, vanpooled, walked, telecommuted or rode transit to work.
The 2016 Wheel Options campaign is here! To participate and qualify for one of many prize drawings all you need to do is:
* Bicycle, share a ride, ride the bus or train, or walk to work at least six days in October. You can also participate by compressing your work schedule or teleworking. <Delete this last sentence if your worksite does not allow compressed work schedules/telework.>
* Log your commutes at www.wheeloptions.org. Paper entry forms are available at <describe where your paper entry forms will be>.
It’s that simple. Save money, cut emissions, reduce congestion, and you could find yourself on the adventure of a lifetime or winning one of many other great prizes!
You can also “Like” Wheel Options on Facebook for a chance to win additional prizes!
For more information visit www.wheeloptions.org or contact me – your employee transportation coordinator – at <phone number> or <e-mail address>.
Wheel Options—your trip, your way!
For the week of Oct. 10
Your custom adventure awaits! We’re in the second week of the Wheel Options campaign. You still have the opportunity to win a trip to our National Parks, a customized adventure, or one of many other prizes!
If you are looking to save money, ease traffic congestion and reduce CO2, changing your commute is an easy way to start. If you bicycle, walk, share a ride or ride transit to work at least six days in October you might just find yourself on the ultimate adventure! Compressing your work schedule and teleworking count as eligible trips, too! <Delete this last sentence if your worksite does not allow compressed work schedules/telework.>
Log your trips at www.wheeloptions.org and follow Wheel Options on Facebook and Twitter for more chances to win!
For more information, contact me – your employee transportation coordinator – at <phone number> or <e-mail address>.
For the week of Oct. 17
Will you be the one taking an ultimate adventure? You could be on your ideal adventure before you know it! All you need to do is take an eligible
Wheel Options commute at least six days in October, and not only will you save money and the environment, you’ll also be eligible to win some fabulous prizes! Eligible modes include sharing a ride, walking, biking, riding the bus or train, teleworking or compressing your work schedule <delete this last part if not applicable to your worksite>.
There is still time to qualify for one of the many Wheel Options prizes. Go to www.wheeloptions.org and record your commutes by Nov. 7, or stop by <describe where your paper forms will be> to pick up a paper entry form. Paper forms must be submitted to your ETC by Nov. 2.
You can also “like” Wheel Options on Facebook for a chance to win an additional prize!
For more information, contact me – your employee transportation coordinator – at <phone number> or <e-mail address>.
For the week of Oct. 24
Here comes your perfect getaway! You still have time to qualify for the 2016 Wheel Options prize drawing. If you bicycle, walk, share a ride or ride the bus or train to work at least six days in October, not only will you save money, cut emissions and reduce congestion, you might be the one proclaiming, “I’m on top of the world!” from anywhere in the world or winning one of many other great prizes! Teleworking and compressing your schedule also count as eligible trips. <delete last sentence if not applicable to your worksite>.
Go to www.wheeloptions.org to record your commutes by Nov. 7 or stop by <describe where your paper forms will be> to pick up a paper entry form and return it to your ETC by Nov. 2. Record at least six eligible trips and you could be visiting any number of National Parks, skiing from the top of a mountain, taking that flight to Europe you’ve always talked about, or on any other adventure you like!
Don’t forget to follow Wheel Options on Twitter and Facebook!
For more information contact me – your employee transportation coordinator – at <phone number> or <e-mail address>.
Oct. 31 is the final day of the 2016 Wheel Options campaign! Log your eligible October trips at www.wheeloptions.org by Nov. 7 or submit your paper calendar to your ETC by Nov. 2 and you could be on the adventure of a lifetime! And don’t forget to “like” Wheel Option on Facebook for the chance at an additional prize!
For the week of Nov. 7
Thank you, Wheel Options Participants! Thanks to everyone who participated in the Wheel Options campaign! If you found a new, better way of getting to work, I’d love to hear from you. Everyone who eliminated at least six drive-alone days during October will be entered in our company drawing for <prizes offered by your company>.
Stay in touch with Wheel Options through Facebook and Twitter!
Wheel Options — your trip, your way!
Nov. 14 or after
Look what we did!
If you have a registered network in the Rideshare Online platform you can find information on how your company contributed to reducing your carbon output on the Wheel Options admin page: https://wheeloptions.icarpool.com/admin/en/login.aspx
<000> employees here at <Company Name> participated in the Wheel Options campaign! Together we eliminated <000> miles driven, gained health benefits and improved our air quality.
* <000> pounds of carbon dioxide reduced
* <000> pounds of hydrocarbons reduced
* <000> pounds of carbon monoxide reduced
I’m pleased to announce that <prize winner’s name> won <description of the prize> in our Wheel Options campaign! Congratulations <prize winner’s name> and thanks again to everyone who participated!
Additional Ideas on how to Promote Wheel Options
Use and amend all or some of the below suggested promotional ideas to maximize your company’s participation in Wheel Options.
* Get everyone’s attention on the first day of the campaign.
* Using plain white paper, cover the main entrances of your worksite early on the morning of the first day of the Wheel Options campaign to create a high contrast backdrop for Wheel Options posters. Post pictures of Wheel Options participants (past or present) on the white wall.
* Greet employees as they enter the building for work with coffee and muffins.
* Hand out Wheel Options and commuting materials.
“Carpool Day” Promotion
* Designate a day during Wheel Options as “Carpool Day” for your company.
* Remind your employees the week before and encourage them to sign up at www.RideshareOnline.com to find a partner.
* Offer special incentives and prizes for anyone who carpools on “Carpool Day.”
* Have a US National Park-themed special breakfast or lunch ready for your carpoolers.
* Hold a contest for the most creative carpool (maybe a “carpool karaoke” video contest?).
* Get everyone involved in the campaign.
* Purchase small prizes (try a National Parks theme, if possible).
* Each day of the Wheel Options campaign, hide one of the prizes somewhere at your worksite.
* Give away National Parks-themed gifts to employees who find the prizes, such as a map of or guide to the National Parks, small hiking items, mittens, a disposable camera, etc.
Easy, Low-Cost & Free Promotions
* Raffle a breakfast or lunch with the CEO (or a well-liked upper management person to participants.
* Have casual Fridays in the month of October be National Parks-themed.
* Hold a cookbook recipe contest. Ask employees to submit their favorite recipes from across the country. Compile the recipes into a cookbook and provide copies of the book as prizes.
* Ask the company cafeteria to offer a National Parks-themed lunch and host a commute information table at the same time.